PE & Sports Premium Funding
Each year, schools receive an amount of money that is ‘ring fenced’ to be spent on PE and School Sport. This year the funding has been doubled and so we will receive £16,000 + £10 per pupil.
We are beginning the seventh year of this funding and over the past six years, the money has been used to fund:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
- Using qualified sports coaches to increase the range of after school sports activities made available to children. ·
- Subsidising places for pupils at after school clubs and in some cases providing them for free. ·
- Increasing the opportunities for children to compete in inter-school events - tournaments, festival and fixtures. ·
- The development of a more coherent and effective PE curriculum.
- Training and support for staff to deliver high quality PE lesson
Please see the attached tables for a breakdown of how the money has been spent in the last three years and the impact each part of it has had, as well as our Action Plan for 2018-2019.